Wood Burning Appliances

Outside of the approved OAHI Standards of Practice, wood burning appliances often require a W.E.T.T. certified inspection. W.E.T.T. (Wood Energy Technology Transfer) certified inspectors are listed in the member directory at www.wettinc.ca where inspection levels and standards can be found.

W.E.T.T. inspections fall into different categories based on the need; categories range from non-invasive to deconstruction. Often W.E.T.T. certified inspections are required by insurers for property coverage.